02 September 2008

Labor Day Weekend

So it's gone..summer of two thousand eight...most likely the craziest..summer of my short life on many counts to be sure. Sunday Carol and I traveled up to my parents house in Iron Mountain, Michigan to have dinner for my 37th birthday which was Monday. We arrived in the Upper Penninsula around 3pm and cruised out to the river to watch my Father photograph Water Skiers. My father, William, has become quite adept at the photography gig since we gave him a Digital SLR for Christmas a couple years back. I fired off some shots as well. It's nice sometimes to be able to shoot..and not have to give a crap on whether people like the images or not. Later, we met my Uncle Rob (Fathers Brother) at his house down the road from my parents to help him block the road from traffic while he cut down a tree for a flag pole he was making for some memorial..he does this kind of thing often :) After the tree felling we went home and chilled in the yard with the dogs..I wandered around and photographed the pics below of my parents gardens. Later we met my Brother, Bill along with Rob and a few of his friends for some Thai food (Yes..Thai food in the UP) in Aurora at the Double D! Good food..lots of Jack Daniels..Later we went to Polly's Underground for some more cheer with my folks..later being joined by my brother and a special female friend of his..who is quite cute by the way. Monday..drove home after eating brunch and cake and ice cream..jesus! Carol and I went to Nakashimas for dinner..then I went out and had a little birthday fun...back to work..late nites coming up including this one.
Here's a few shots from Sunday...yes..I have a thing with Bees..I'm sure it would be my animal totem...believe me.
Water Skiers
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
My Uncle Rob
Photobucket
Flowers and such
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
My little guy Helmut
Photobucket
Taz, my parents puppy
Photobucket
Photobucket
My Dad
Photobucket
Selu
Photobucket

No comments: